Search
  • myersfamilychiroprac

This year, Americans will spend $50 billion dollars on medical treatment for low back pain.


Low Back Pain

According to the Global Burden of Disease 2010, low back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide, and is the second leading cause for days missed at work. This year, Americans will spend $50 billion dollars on medical treatment for low back pain. At least 80% of American will experience low back pain in their lifetime.

The Cause:

There are many causes of low back pain: arthritis, fractures, tumors, infections, blood clots, kidney stones, etc, but these only account for 4% of back pain. The remaining 96% is caused by a mechanical problem i.e. sprain, strain, and misalignment.

The Cure:

Chiropractic care is the most effective way to treat a mechanical problem of the spine. The spine is made up of a complex interweaving of muscles, ligaments, tendons, bones, and nerves. The alignment of these structures can be altered through a fall, bending, twisting, or trauma. The best way to cure that mechanical low back injury (the cause of 96% of back pain) is to have a competent chiropractor align your spine so healing can take place.

The Facts

Not only is chiropractic the cure, but it is very effective. There are literally hundreds of sources that I could quote to prove this, but I am just going to quote one source: comparing the average amount of time it takes to recover from a low back injury with chiropractic treatment and medical treatment.

MD patients 39.7 days

DC patients 10.8 days

“Patient Evaluations of Low Back Pain Care from Family Physicians and Chiropractors;” Cherkin, MacComack. Western Journal of Medicine,March 1989; 150, 351-355.

According to this study, chiropractic care helps you recover 3x faster than conventional medical care. If you are one of the millions of people who suffer from low back pain, why not visit your local chiropractor. You may find out that you do not have to live with your pain after all.

#backpain #spine #disability

0 views
© 2013 by Myers Family Chiropratic. All rights reserved.
Site developed by Fireworks Consulting

 

Myers Family Chiropractic​

Telephone : ​864-205-7963


Email : drmyers@myersfamilychiro.com

"We use Angie's List to assess whether we're keeping valued patients like you happy. Please visit AngiesList.com/Review/7961930 in order to grade our quality of care and customer service.