Now Is The Time To Strengthen Your Immune System
The absolute best thing you can be doing at this time is to continue to wash your hands regularly, avoid contact with others that are showing symptoms, and to receive your chiropractic adjustments.
Amid uncertainty and fear over the development of Covid-19, we wanted to provide you with up to date information on ways to strength your immune system.
The information of closures and restrictions can be overwhelming to say the least. Though we do not know how long the collective activism will have to hold together and how many more changes are ahead of us, we do know that the best thing to do right now is to make sure we are all taking great care of each other and ourselves!
Most importantly, taking care of our immune systems so that if you do come in contact with the virus (Convid-19 or any other virus) your body can quickly can fight it!
There are several natural ways to strengthen your immune system so that you can boost your immune system. I have been researching ways to strengthen your immunity naturally for some time, and here is what I have discovered.
1. Visit a Chiropractor Regularly: I am not just saying this because I am a chiropractor. I am saying this because of the research. Studies show that Chiropractic enhances activity of T and B lymphocytes, NK (Natural Killer) cell numbers, antibody levels, phagocytic activity, and plasma bet-endorphin levels. Remember, Chiropractic removes stress on nerves. The nervous system even controls your immunity. When the nervous system is functioning at its best, your immune system will also function at its best.
2. Get Plenty of Rest: Rest is perhaps the most important thing you can do to boost your immune system. If you eat all the right foods, but get little sleep and rest, your immune system will wear down, resulting in increased chance of disease. According to an abstract in the April 1996 FASEB Journal, lack of sleep is associated with alterations of natural and cellular immune function. The authors note that the data demonstrate "that even a modest disturbance of sleep produces a reduction of natural immune responses and T cell cytokine production". Healthy heart and Mind
3. Have an Antioxidant Rich Diet: What are antioxidants? They are vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that protect and repair cells from damage caused by free radicals. Many experts believe this damage plays a part in a number of chronic diseases, including hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis), cancer, and arthritis. Free radicals can also interfere with your immune system. So, fighting off damage with antioxidants helps keep your immune system strong, making you better able to ward off colds, flu, and other infections. Not everyone can eat plates full of brightly colored fruits and vegetables every day in order to get the proper amount of antioxidants, therefore it is crucial to add to your diet a good plant based antioxidant supplement.
4. Reduce Stress: During periods of high stress, the body releases adrenaline and cortisol in a fight or flight response. Those hormones cause mobilization of white blood cells to attack any foreign cells that may invade the body. However, under chronic stress, the white blood cell supply will become depleted leading to a suppressed immune system and sickness. The Mayo Clinic reports that when the levels of stress hormones drop, then other body processes such as immune function return to normal. As cortisol levels drop, the immune system cells begin to resume their role of protecting the body. While you cannot avoid all of the stresses that come your way, you can learn how to control your reaction. Learning to deal with stress in a healthy manner will minimize the negative effects it has on the immune system. The Mayo Clinic recommends meditation, exercise, counseling and good interpersonal relationships as constructive ways to handle life's daily challenges.
5. Use Immune Boosting Herbs: There are literally thousands of herbal remedies for the cold and flu. Many of them have little if any aid to your immunity. Here are two remedies that I have personally used that have a very positive effect on immunity boost. This is for educational purposes only. I am not intending to provide diagnosis and treatment, but just want to educate the public of what is available.
- Beta 1,3 Glucan: This is derived from yeast or mushrooms. In its pure form, Beta Glucan binds to the surface of macrophages (white blood cells) causing an increase in activity. The macrophages then travel all over the body devouring any foreign particle in their path. Research shows that not only is this good for the common cold, but also can be used in treating bacterial infections, viral infections, and even cancer. One should take one to two capsules in the morning on an empty stomach 30 minutes before eating.
- LDM 100: This is derived from a wild plant in the parsnip family. The concentrated derivative from the wild parsnip is highly antiviral. This has been used by several nutritionists to treat viral infections such as the common cold, mono, influenza, hepatitis, and more. Proper dosage is said to be 15 drops twice a day. Warning: this product may cause a detox rash. If rash appears discontinue use until rash completely resolves and then continue treatment.
We are committed to keeping you healthy during this time. We strongly encourage you and your family members to receive your scheduled adjustments so that your immune system can be strengthened and your health and vitality remain your number one priority.
If you would like more information on the current facts about this type of outbreak, we encourage you to reach out to our offices. We value you and will continue to serve you.